Why does the vaping community love Arizer vaporizers so much? There are many reasons, but one of the biggest selling points of the Arizer brand is that the company’s vaporizers exclusively use glass stems.
This, out of all features, is one of the most unique to Arizer as a brand, and it’s one of the reasons the vapour quality is so amazing. You see, having a glass stem and herb chamber means that there’s no chance of your herb touching a reactive material, making your vapour clean and tasty.
It also means that cleanup is a breeze – and that’s what we’ll discuss in this Arizer Solo 2 cleaning guide! If you’re having trouble getting those amazing hits from your Arizer Solo 2, and want to restore its original performance and flavour, these Arizer Solo 2 cleaning tips will get you back on track in a matter of seconds!
What you need
To start the process of cleaning, you must first gather all of your cleaning materials to make your cleaning process quick and easy! The best materials for cleaning the Solo 2 vaporizer are:
- Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- Cotton swabs
- Small nylon brush (for stubborn residue)
- Paper towels or alcohol wipes
Once you’ve gathered all your cleaning supplies, we suggest putting a paper towel right under your vaporizer before you start cleaning, to avoid having to clean your station after cleaning your vape.
We also highly suggest keeping as many of these as you can in your portable vape kit since you never know when you’ll need to give your vape a nice clean. Rubbing alcohol is hard to carry around, so grime sticks or alcohol wipes could be the best on-the-go options.
Cleaning the Solo 2 Stem
Clean the stem of your Arizer Solo 2 is really easy, and this is all you need to do:
- Pop it off of the vaporizer (carefully).
- Give it a long soak in rubbing alcohol. You can do this by pouring a bit of alcohol into a bowl or cup.
- Why do this? Because the alcohol breaks up the sticky resins and releases them from the inside of the stem, making it easier to clean later!
- After soaking the stem for around 30+ minutes, most resin should be loose enough to rinse away in the sink.
- If after soaking you have difficulty getting stubborn residue off of the stem, you can use a pipe cleaner or cleaning brush dipped in alcohol to gently scrub the resin off. Pro tip: don’t use a metal brush because it can etch the glass!
Arizer Solo 2 Quick Stem Cleaning
If you’re in a hurry, you can clean the stem of your Arizer Solo 2 a bit more quickly. All you need to do is:
- Place it in a zip-top bag and add rubbing alcohol to the bag.
- Swish the stem around in the back to dislodge resin quickly. Just remember: don’t swish the stem in a bowl or with any other items, for the glass is delicate and can break easily.
- Then, taking a napkin or wet wipe, give the stem a few careful but efficient scrubs to get all the resin off.
Cleaning the Solo 2 Oven
Just like the stem, cleaning the oven of the Arizer Solo 2 is a breeze with a little isopropyl alcohol. All you need to do is:
- Dip a pipe cleaner in alcohol and squeeze to wring out the excess liquid.
- Carefully pass the cotton swab or cleaning brush around inside the oven to remove the residue.
- Invert the vaporizer and tap gently to remove any small bits that might be left. After you’ve finished giving the oven a good rub, turn the vaporizer on to evaporate the alcohol. When the alcohol fumes dissipate, the Arizer Solo 2 is ready to use.
Pro Cleaning Tips for the Arizer Solo 2
We love all the cool little tips and tricks we pick up when reviewing and using all the different vaporizers we offer. We also want you to know all these pro tips for the Arizer Solo 2, and cleaning a vape in general. So here are some of our favourite to date:
- Do you make weed tinctures? If yes, clean your Arizer Solo 2 stem with the same drinkable alcohol (instead of rubbing alcohol) that you use to make the tincture. The resins stuck in the stem or your Arizer Solo 2 are still active and can be reclaimed for future enjoyment. You should notice that the final tincture is a bit stronger from the resins in the alcohol! Check Out: How to make cannabis tincture for more info.
- When you pack the stem of your Arizer Solo 2, push the herbs down lightly with your finger or a tool. If the herbs stay put when you hold the stem upside down, you’ll reduce the residue that ends up in your vaporizer’s oven.
- When cleaning the Solo 2, you might notice that the oven is a bit discoloured. But don’t worry, it’s normal for ovens and chambers to lose their colour over time. However, this doesn’t affect the vapour in any way.
- Always include the essential cleaning supplies in your vape kit so that you can always be ready to give your vaporizer a quick clean. This will make it easier for you to create a habit of cleaning your vape regularly, and it will also make it much less of a hassle.
- Not sure about a vape? We make extensive reviews and comparisons in our blog section just for you. So head on over to our comparison blog section, and check out or comparisons, such as this one.
This trusted information is sourced from the manufacturer and our own experience with the different Arizer Vaporizers. Read Arizer Solo 2 Review for more information.
View All Arizer Parts