If you’ve never used a volcano vaporizer, prepare for this beauty from legendary German manufacturer Storz & Bickel to blow your mind. The Volcano Classic helped usher in a golden age of vaping. Today, it’s available in an updated design with great new features and accessories.
The Volcano Classic is one of the most powerful vaporizers money can buy, and it’s also one of the most versatile. It’s the perfect vape for parties and group sessions and when your friends finally go home they’ll be talking about the night for years to come. With its eye-catching design and unmatched versatility, the Volcano Classic is in a class of its own.
5 Big Questions About the Volcano Classic
Let’s go through a quick rundown of key facts about the Volcano Classic:
1. What can you vape with the Volcano Classic? Dry herb, wax, rosin—if it’s vapable, the Volcano Classic can handle it. The liquids pad can be bought separetly and vaping concentrates is just as easy as dry herbs with the pad.
2. Is it portable? Definitely not. The Volcano classic is the definition of a ‘desktop vaporizer’. With weight well over 2 kg, it’s light enough to toss in a bag and carry over to your friend’s house, but you wouldn’t want to use the Volcano Classic for a quick vape break during work.
3. Can you adjust the temperature? Yes, the Volcano Classic features easily-adjustable temperature settings on the front. These are available in either digital or analogue format, though many people say the old-fashioned analogue is preferable.
4. What’s the power source? A vaporizer this big doesn’t run on batteries. Like you might expect, instead, the Volcano Classic comes with an AC adapter that can be plugged into a standard wall socket.
5. Does it have a warranty? Storz & Bickel offers a 3-year warranty on the Volcano Classic’s heating elements and electronics. If there’s a manufacturers’ error, you can return the device directly to them for an exchange or refund.
Volcano Classic Vaporizer Key Features
The elegance of the Volcano Classic lies in its simplicity. No superfluous bells and whistles here, just everything you need for a top-tier session.
The body of the Volcano Classic is crafted from stainless steel, giving it the look of a high-end medical device (more on that in a second). On the inside, steel-clad ceramics and food-grade aluminium parts ensure that the purity and potency of your vape is always exceptional.
High Quality Filtration System
The advanced convection heating system of the Volcano Classic doesn’t just deliver a massive wallop of vapour. It also removes nearly 80 percent of toxins before you take your first drag. That means you taste the purity of the herb or concentrate, nothing else, and your lungs don’t take a beating.
Believe it or not, the Volcano Classic is certified as a medical vaporizing device. While this classification is intended to show that it’s safe to use for people with lung conditions, it also means you’re getting the purest vapour possible.
Solid Valve or Easy Valve
The valve is where you attach the balloon to your Volcano Classic, and you can choose between two valve sets. The Easy Valve is, like the name suggests, easy to use with the bags provided, while the Solid Valve lets you use custom-sized bags with your device.
Using the Volcano Classic Vaporizer
After one look at the Volcano Classic, you realize it’s no ordinary vaporizer. That being said, it doesn’t take a masters degree to operate it:
1. How to Operate Your Volcano Classic. To use the Volcano Classic, fill up one of the provided balloons (available in large and small sizes). Attach the bag to the valve on top, turn on the device, and wait for the bag to inflate. Once it’s full, attach the bag’s mouthpiece, then bring it to your lips and inhale. A bag of vapour will remain ‘good’ for around 8 hours.
2. How to Get the Best Vapour Quality. The adjustable temperature settings on the Volcano Classic allow you to customise your session, from ‘mellow’ to ‘extra potent.’ You’ll want to use your bags for a maximum of 100 uses, as the taste of your vapour might be affected after that point.
3. How to Clean It. Cleaning the Volcano Classic’s filling chamber is a relatively easy process. First, use the cleaning brush (included as part of the kit) to remove any excess debris. Then, wipe down the interior with some isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs. You’ll also want to clean the concentrates pad in this way—alternatively, you can let it soak in alcohol for a few hours.
How to Know If the Volcano Classic Is Right for You
The Volcano Classic is definitely not for beginners, but for experienced users, it’s the Rolls Royce of vaporizers. Think about getting one if:
1. You love extended vape sessions with friends. Sharing is caring, and the Volcano Classic’s easy-to-use bag is the perfect way to share your vape experience with a roomful of your closest friends—for a very, very long time.
2. You want a vape that’s easy on the lungs. Not only does the Volcano Classic’s convection heating produce vapour that’s exceptionally smooth, the bag allows it to cool down before you inhale. The end result is an irritation-free vape session.
3. You’re ready for the most intense vape of your life. Nothing looks like the Volcano Classic, and nothing hits like the Volcano Classic. If you’re serious about exploring the furthest reaches of the vaping universe, this is your rocket ship.
Beware of Fakes on Other Marketplaces!
Herbalize Store only carries authentic products delivered straight from the manufacturer. Some online retailers, however, have been known to sell counterfeit products. Please contact our friendly customer support if you have any questions.
In the box
1x Volcano Vaporizer ( Latest Series )
4x Balloons with mouthpiece
1x Balloon with adapter
1x Filling chamber
3x Filling chamber clips
1x Filling chamber ring
1x Normal screen set
1x Air filter set
1x Cleaning brush
1x User manual
Size (length, width, height in centimetres)
20.3 x 24.8 x 24.8 cm
Weight (in grams)
Temperature range (in Celsius)
130 – 230 °C
Heat power source
Heating element type/material
Convection, Food grade aluminium heating block
Steel clad ceramic
Heat up time (in seconds)
Types of material usable inside
Herb, oil and wax
Control / setting interface
Buttons and dial
Storz & Bickel
3 years on heating elements and electronics. The warranty for this device is dealt with by Storz & Bickel directly.
This trusted information is sourced from the manufacturer and our own experience using the product. **For legal use only
The Final Verdict on Volcano Classic
The Volcano Classic is a one-of-a-kind engineering marvel. While it comes with a hefty price tag, you’re also getting perhaps the most powerful (and let’s be honest, enjoyable) vaporizer on the market. Not only is it perfect for passing around with your friends after a long day, but it’s also the ideal vaporizer if you’re serious about looking after your health. That’s a pretty good combination if you ask us.