The DaVinci IQ is one of the world’s top portable dry herb vaporizers. Owners have praised the IQ’s purity of flavour and thick, luxurious vapour clouds from the start to the end of each vaping session.
The one thing that owners don’t enjoy so much, however, is cleaning the DaVinci IQ. The IQ is a vaporizer with many small parts and a few hard-to-reach areas. Cleaning it requires a bit of time if you want to keep the flavour quality high and maintain the smooth, easy draws that you love.
Checkout: - CRAFTY PLUS VS DAVINCI IQ 2
You can save yourself a lot of work if you give the oven of the DaVinci IQ a quick cleaning after each session. If it’s time for a deep cleaning, though, this DaVinci IQ cleaning guide is here to help.
Cleaning the DaVinci IQ: What You Need
- DaVinci chimney brush (included with IQ)
- DaVinci alcohol wipes (included with IQ)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton swabs
Disassembling the DaVinci IQ
Begin the DaVinci IQ cleaning by disassembling your device and gathering the parts together.
- Open the top of the IQ and pop out the silicone gasket from the centre of the mouthpiece. Pop the middle section out of the gasket.
- Pull the pick out of the mouthpiece area. Use the hooked end of the pick to remove the flavour chamber from the vapour path.
- Use the hooked end of the pick to remove the lid from the flavour chamber. Remove the silicone gasket from the flavour chamber’s lid.
- Turn the DaVinci IQ over and open the oven. If you still have herbs in the oven, remove them with the pick.
Your DaVinci IQ is now fully disassembled and ready for cleaning.
Cleaning the Oven and Chimney
- Dip the chimney brush in rubbing alcohol. The brush is the perfect size for the chimney of the DaVinci IQ!
- Scrub the sides of the oven and chimney thoroughly.
- If you still see a bit of stubborn residue inside the oven or chimney, clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
- You can also use a damp cotton swab to clean the exterior of the oven and the DaVinci IQ Pearl.
- Shake or squeeze the chimney brush or cotton swab before using it to minimize the amount of residual alcohol inside the body of your vaporizer.
Cleaning the Mouthpiece Area
- Wrap an alcohol wipe around your finger and use it to clean the metal components around the mouthpiece.
- You can also use the wipe – or an alcohol-dipped cotton swab – to clean the top part of the vapour path.
- When your wipes or cotton swabs come out clean, the job is done.
After you’re done cleaning the mouthpiece area of the DaVinci IQ:
- Close the lids and turn the device on.
- Set the oven temperature to the maximum setting to vaporize any residual alcohol in the vapour path.
Checkout: - Davinci IQ2 Review
If the outside of your DaVinci IQ is looking a little dingy, you can clean it using a soft cloth slightly moistened with warm water. Blot away the water with a dry towel.
Cleaning the DaVinci IQ Mouthpiece and Flavour Chamber
You can clean the mouthpiece, flavour chamber, pick and other removable components of the DaVinci IQ by doing this:
- Place the items in a bowl of rubbing alcohol and allowing them to soak.
- Agitate the bowl gently to dislodge the stuck resins.
- Rinse the items in the sink and dry them with a paper towel.
Pro Tip: Since vapour passes through the flavour chamber of the DaVinci IQ before reaching your mouth, it collects a lot of resin that you can reclaim and use. If you want to use the resin like a wax concentrate, you can scrape it away with your pick and roll it into a small ball.
Alternatively, soak the flavour chamber and lid in alcohol that’s safe to drink, such as Everclear. The alcohol turns brown as it draws the active compounds out of the resins. Use the alcohol as the base for your next cannabis tincture.
If you don’t like cleaning the flavour chamber, you can use the DaVinci IQ without it. However, many people like the fact that the flavour chamber cools and flavours the vapour while making resin reclamation easier. This would also work on DaVinci Miqro as well.
What if you Clean your Unit, but it doesn´t Improve the Vapour Quality?
If you’re not having the best experience with the DaVinci IQ vape, even after cleaning it, you might want to consider buying a new unit. The problem may be an old battery or worn-out materials within the vaporizer.
Buy a brand new DaVinci IQ vaporizer now, and skip out on all the drama that is vaping from an old and worn out vaporizer. You deserve the best -- so get it!